Pictures

*** The pictures posted in this blog are my personal creations! I hope you enjoy! *** You can also follow me on FACEBOOK at www.facebook.com/forbakessake

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Project 4 completed .... jump ship!

Hi guys,

I missed class today. Classic story too.. I left my car at my brothers house over the weekend since I went on a family trip.  My nephew woke up and did me the favor of taking me over there, 35 minute drive, and after rushing, then going the wrong way and finally getting to the car, what do I recall?  I left my key in the other purse at home, not the one I took on the family vaca.... So yea... needless to say, I was not happy and there goes my perfect attendance. I will get my head back on straight one day. :) Why didn't I get dropped off, you may ask? My lovely steel toed shoes were in my car... i was wearing flip flops. :) The shoes that I dread and hate.  The shoes that have made me cringe every morning since February.

So anyhow, here is my finished product. We have not had our original chef in class for the past 3 classes so I have not been happy about that. One chef has no idea how the other chef teaches or where the chef is in class or on a syllabus...sooooo you can imagine how I feel.  The substitute chef decided to give me a 48/50 on this cake. I had no comment and at that point, I stopped caring. I put work into that cake. I failed on my whale tail with that cake.. I created one out of gum paste that also did not hold its shape, but it still did better than the one I created out of cake..and what for? For nothing... :)  I could have left it as is and probably still got the same grade.  Seems like a lot this year that has gone wrong has literally been for nothing. Zero.. nada. Zilch.

Fun!

Whatever! We started gingerbread houses today, from scratch.  We saw the demo on Friday and we were to make ours today. We shall see what ends up happening tomorrow!  This class is over on Thursday and I look forward to the next one! Plating! Fuuuuun... not!

Ok, you can see I am not in the mood! I am off. I will let you know how tomorrow goes. :)  Here was the back of my cake.. :)
Enjoy your week everyone! I will try to do the same..

XO

3 comments:

  1. Ship Ahoy Mate! Don't sweat the outcome. In my opinion I think you should have gotten a better grade. Loooove it all and thanks for the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um....one word...adorably fantabulous! Ok, that was two but it was! I think you did a fantabulous job and I think that although you think that you effort is for nada, you know it really is for something-a, ok, I can't rhyme today either but it is super!! A whale of a cake my sweetie!! xoxoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am absolutely amazed on your technique and skill. I mean this is the first time and you look like a pro... it is very clear you have a calling... and mine is eating... can't wait until you start making your own cakes, cookies and goodies xooxoxoox keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete