Pictures

*** The pictures posted in this blog are my personal creations! I hope you enjoy! *** You can also follow me on FACEBOOK at www.facebook.com/forbakessake

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Plated Napoleons....

Happy Saturday!

Yes, I am writing on a Saturday. My "expected" guest that was supposed to be here yesterday still has not shown up... so I have more than PLENTY of time to do everything I originally needed to do! :) So on that note! Yesterday was plating day.  We had to have both Napoleon's and the 2 components to each plate finished within 2 hours. That was plenty of time for me because I planned to use the Creme Anglaise and the Pastry Creams that I created earlier in the week.

Here is what I came up with!

Lychee Cinnamon Napoleon

This is a toasted coconut rolled Puff Pastry with a Lychee Cinnamon Pastry Cream filling.  My first component is a Lychee Coulis  sauce which I used to create the swirl and dots design. The second component is a Baked Lychee in a cinnamon and brown sugar sauce.

Coconut Banana Napoleon
This is a Cinnamon Sugar rolled Phyllo Pastry with a Banana Coconut Cream Pastry Cream Filling. The first component is a stacked banana, brie and honey side topped with toasted coconut. The second component is the Banana Champagne Creme Anglaise sauce that I used to decorate the plate.

A few things went wrong here... the Pastry Creams were not thick enough.. some fell over the sides, so then I continued on that theme, only to be told it looked "messy". :) And my honey of course, as you can see.. went all over the place. Note to self.. use a drop, and not a steady stream! laughing...

It was fun though! And fun is what counts. :)  Here is a picture of some of the other plates created by my classmates! Enjoy and have a beautiful weekend!




2 comments:

  1. Yummy!!! Looks fabulous!! So ok, the cream and the honey were not cooperating, but...you'll get control of them and show them who's boss!! You get an A+ in my book :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooh! your plates look like the ones on the baking shows...YUM! Looks artistic and inviting but my only gripe which I've said for many many years is, there's NEVER enough food on those fancy plates :) Hope your guest made it ;)

    ReplyDelete