Pictures

*** The pictures posted in this blog are my personal creations! I hope you enjoy! *** You can also follow me on FACEBOOK at www.facebook.com/forbakessake

Friday, August 26, 2011

Guava Cream Cheese and Rum Creme Brulee...with jello shots!

Friday fun day... yea right! You mean Friday PRACTICAL day. I actually enjoyed yesterday's prep day as well as today's set up day.  Well, except for the 40 minutes of standing around and waiting for the entire class to get graded one by one... ;) Other than that though, I was a happy camper with it. A practical on just one plated dessert and not THREE is right up my alley! ;) 

Yesterday  I created the Creme Brulee pictured above..aka, the SUN!  We had a day to come up with the flavors we were going to present today. I have been using a bunch of flavors that definitely have been "outside the box", so this time around I created something tropical.  I once again used Mango's..sorry, but its just soo yummy.. but my main ingredients were Guava and Cream Cheese. Yes, I know, very Latino.. but there's nothing Latino about this plate. ;)

I called this my Celestial Plating. :) :) Dear to my heart is someone who I think of more often than not, and ALWAYS when I see the sun, the moon and the stars... So this is for you.

Here we have a Guava, Cream Cheese and Rum Creme Brulee that I topped off with a mango rum jello layer.  I brulee'd the heck out of this baby and set it aside.  To accompany the sun, I created mango rum jello shot STARS. Ooohh these were soo good! .... The galaxy dots are made of mango coulis and last but not least, Coconut Dacquoise Meringue star and MOON cookies that are held up by a guava and cream cheese pink icing CLOUD.

This was our first practical. Our other two plating days were graded, but not graded on taste, presentation and consistency.  Thankfully she liked my plate, she was a pretty harsh critict, but rightly so. As I mentioned before, she is super super nice, but when it comes to the actual desserts and what is put in front of her, you better have your sh** together.  And by sh** I mean your creativity and follow through.  This is our last class, and although many feel as I do, that we really havent learned much, we still did learn something! and its that something that we need to put on a plate. ;) 

We, my friends, are doing "A" ok because an 'A' is what we received today.... making it a nice way to progress into the weekend.

Next week is going to be full of more Practicals and plating days, so lets take a little break, think on some funky flavors and enjoy the rest of the weekend!  Have a fun time! Dont waste a minute of this life on things that do not matter...its a minute you could put into things that do....

XO

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...I'm so proud of us! We got an A! Whoo-hoo!!! Let me tell you, this Celestial plating was a bit tough to do but once I...oh, jejeje...YOU Did Fantabuluous Sweetie! You have learned so much and that will open up the doors to more learning and more creativity :) I loved your comment..."Don't waste a minute of this life on things that do not matter...it's a minute you could put into things that do..." All I can say is WELL SAID! xoxoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second what "G" said, thats keeping your glass half full, especially with the pressures to come up with these creative ideas and bringing them to life ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for this information. I have to let you know I concur on several of the points you make here and others may require some further review, but I can see your viewpoint. 高血壓能吃犀利士嗎

    ReplyDelete