Pictures

*** The pictures posted in this blog are my personal creations! I hope you enjoy! *** You can also follow me on FACEBOOK at www.facebook.com/forbakessake

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Gingerbread BEACH house!!

Hello, Hello lovies!

Ya know, I didnt want to do this project in the beginning. I kept saying.. why? What a waste.  I mean, you can buy these things in a kit for heavens sake.. but then again, you can buy a cake in a box. Sooo on that note, close minded Linda became innovative Linda. :)

As you know I missed Mondays class and I was so not happy about that.  Donna and Andrea were a team and they were super nice enough to let me be a part of their group yesterday. :)  Thank you girlies. On Monday they made the gingerbread for the house.  On Tuesday, I ate all their candies for the house..and the marshmallows and some of the broken gingerbread chairs. :) :)  But I participated too!!  Sheesh, its not like all I did was munch and sit back ;) That was our live in “house-mate” Juliette up there!

Here you have it. Mini M&M's, the mint candies that were the stilts for our beach home on the water :) :), yellow coloring for our window.. the Gingerbread pieces cut out beautifully. :) We had fun creating this. I was in charge of creating the people. I gave Donna a look, as in, “huh? I have never made a person before!”. Seriously, she gave me a look back that said “What’s your point?” J J  I made a bee once! Laughing!!  Bee….People….kinda like the same in a way. J J So I started to make Juliette and then when the Chef wasn’t looking, I made Romeo being slightly naughty. Hey, we said it was Bora Bora and everyone knows you don’t go to Bora Bora just to lay out.. So yea, I was a little naughty and can not post it as this is a PG site.  :) :)


.....Juliette in all her M&M glory. :) She's nice and bronzed. She looks like she had a little too much to eat in Bora Bora... I made her a little chubby. Real women have curves!!! She is sexy and that's all I have to say.  And Juliette will always have her Romeo
Oohhhh Romeo!!  Bamn! Niiiiiice six pack baby!!! Look at you in your M&M Speedo you hunk of handsomeness. :) :) Tee Hee.. beer in hand, laying out in the ocean.. This is the life.. Ahhhh... lets all pretend like we are there...
Here is the umbrella, the beach ball, sandals, towels….the lounge chairs.. :)  Hey, if you cant go on vacation, you can at least dream about going on the vacation. Oh no! I just thought of something we forgot to create!! Her Beach Bag with her book in it! Drats! Oh well, Juliette just wont be much of a reader, I guess. She’s just naughty!

This was our last project. We made the glass window Case :).  Our class officially ended today.  Tomorrow we go in quickly to CLEAN… and then I am out of there. I wish I could have gone on a mini vacation..I had 4 whole days I could have been lounging on a beach… booo… its ok. My time is coming!

We start our plating class on Monday. I hear we have Chef Murphy!! Love J J I'm REALLY happy about that! I hope that class rocks. I don’t know if I will be plating anything in the near future, but I love plates, and I love desserts, so bring it!

See you here next Monday!!

XOXO

6 comments:

  1. You are the best and this makes me want to swim! How much for the Channel Islands surfboard? You are the very, very best and the world should know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLOLOL!!!! :D This project looks like a creative blast. Again, love the attention to detail...mints underneath the house, flip flops, retro look on the float, floating flowers, even the six pack...oooh lala. I do have one question, what was the deck floor made of?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys! I am glad you liked it! It was a group effort :) We had a blast creating it for sure. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me encanta, me encanta, me encanta!!! I want one for me! I absolutely loved the attention to detail that you guys put into this project! I loved Romeo's six pack abs :) I loved the sandals, the beach towels, the drinks, the floatie, the surf boards on the gingerbread house...the whole thing. Excellent job to all of you!!! Me so very proud sweetie! I hope you are having a fantabulous week plating! Which is what by the way?? xoxoxo mucho :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im loving the lady curves Linda!!! Add a growing belly and it'll look just like pregnant me!! Hahaha, oh gosh, and Romeo ;)) I know a lil someone that's just that hot (if u knooooow what I mean (wink wink) lol... this one really got my attention, its pretty darn cool that your learning all this stuff!! Lil Orlando may be needing lots of Tia Linda cakes in the coming future, hehe... hugz! Keep doing what you're so good at and so passionate about... Remember "this is the Climb to the top, make the best of it!" Cheers! XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  6. love love this... brilliant attention to details.. you are flourishing my little circus peanut.... love it... love it.... can't wait to buy from Lindas.....

    ReplyDelete