Pictures

*** The pictures posted in this blog are my personal creations! I hope you enjoy! *** You can also follow me on FACEBOOK at www.facebook.com/forbakessake

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Mimosa Panna Cotta, Acai Blueberry Creme Brulee and Tropical Bread Pudding ....

Happy Wednesday!

Time is flying by! I know you hear me say that all the time here, but really, it'll be September next week! Ouch.. Fall already?.. where did summer go? I didn't get to the beach as much as I wanted to. :( I didn't get to play or laugh until my stomach hurt, no rolling in the sand.. .ok, enough of me and my nonsense...I did get to bake, so that in itself is a great thing.

Today we had to plate our Panna Cotta, Creme Brulee and Bread Pudding. Again, having to be creative in our flavor choices and our components. It was a pretty good week. We made some pate a choux and shaped them into fun forms. I made some zig zags, flowers, bows and  what-nots.  ;)  We also made Florentine cookies which we shaped. And which I ate :) :) many of them.. lots of them.. they had peanuts, almonds and cranberry! Cut me some slack, I walked twice around Lake Eola! I may have worked off about .. oh, lets say one of the 5 ??  1/2? Oh who cares!

Tuesday we played with our flavors and created our 3 main desserts and today was our day to present. Soo, lemme just present my craziness... Again, I am not the happiest with these. I would really love to have had more color on my plates, its just that the flavors I come up with all have earth tone colors!  Not to mention.. Bread pudding??!? Really? Plating this isn't the cutest. I personally don't like its taste and it's not the best shaping. I know, I know, just show you the pictures and shut up already. Fine.

Strawberry Mimosa Panna Cotta accompanied by Orange, Lemon and Lime Candied Zest and a Bow Shaped Cinnamon, chocolate, walnut Pate a Choux:  The Panna Cotta flavors are: Strawberry on the bottom layer followed by thin slices of real strawberries, champagne in the center and orange with orange pieces on the top layer, topped off with orange slices and orange zest strips.


My next plate is an Acai Bluberry Creme Brulee in a Graham Cracker and Walnut crust accompanied by a Blueberry reduction sauce and Almond, Peanut and Cranberry Florentine discs.


Last but not least is my Tropical Bread Pudding consisting of mango, walnuts, carrot and coconut accompanied by a hazelnut Frangelico Creme Anglaise sauce and  a toasted coconut and pistachio chocolate sphere.


I hope you likey. :)  I did taste everything. The Panna Cotta came out delicious! I know my sister would have loved it. The champagne in the middle kicked off the strawberry and orange Panna Cotta flavors. The Acai and Blueberry Creme Brulee with the crust was also delicious.  I am not a fan of bread pudding, but the mango and carrots gave it a good kick so I was happy with all three.  Just because we come up with flavors and fancy names doesn't really mean that it tastes good!

All my classmates had some fun creations too!




We have some really creative cats in our class. It inspires me to try harder.... ok, no it doesn't. Sorry, this isn't my thing. Its not what I want to do. I like to make DELICIOUS. And if its traditional, then so be it! I just throw a little Linda twist into it and voila!! That's your non-tradition for ya!

Have a beautiful evening! We have a Creme Brulee practical to prep for.  I think we have made Creme Brulee 7 times throughout this degree. If you cant make the darn thing by now.... then... well.....practice.

All of this is making me thirsty... so Im going to pass on the water and make myself a yummy Mimosa!

Night, night!

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Love the plates, they all had cool artistic designs to them. Eventhough I could not pronounce some of the words they looked great. My fav is the Cotta cup, it looks like a Dragon Fly. Also liked your classmates clown plate (cute). As for the Mimosa or as a certain special someone calls it (Mommy Juice), have a double you deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mon Dieu, Mon Cherie, yu ar’ zounding so Frensh, so lieke a Chef no?? Oui, oui, I louve it so mosh! Lol! Ok, ok, ok, girl, you rock! I love to see how much you are blossoming in this program and how your creations are simply fantabulous! You always make me laugh with your blogs and I sooo enjoy reading them and learning all about your wonderful Pastry Chef world! I love these dishes, love the names and yes, throw a little of that sassy Linda and you’ve got a winner every time! Good luck on your practical sweetie! Xoxoxo :)

    ReplyDelete