Pictures

*** The pictures posted in this blog are my personal creations! I hope you enjoy! *** You can also follow me on FACEBOOK at www.facebook.com/forbakessake

Monday, June 13, 2011

Quiche and Mango Sorbet... what a combo! ;)

Monday Madness!

Did you have a good weekend?  I had an unforgettable one! Grateful to have the family that I do. :) :)  In class we had a full day.  We took our cheesecake out, that was made on Friday, and we prepped it to take home.  I had forgotten that I still had this little guy! And yes, LITTLE is the key word here because the size of this cake is shameful! laughing... but it is a little piece of heaven so we wont put him down too too much.   ;)  We then created our Mango sorbet in the ice-cream machine:
Yes, we all wanted to be that spatula as it poured into our container. ;) It smelled so good and I pleasantly vouch that it tasted equally as good! Triple Yummy.

We then moved on to make a quiche.  We created our pie dough on Friday and took it out this morning and placed it in our mini pie tins.  We baked those in the oven for about 8 minutes or so, or until lightly browned, and then created our little masterpiece.  :)

Quiche Ingredients:

1 Cup of Cream
1 yolk
2 whole eggs
4 oz of bacon
4 oz of cheese of your choice
Onions to taste
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Nutmeg to taste

Mix your cream and eggs together.  In a separate bowl, combine your cheese, bacon, onions and seasonings.  Place your cheese mixture into your cooked pie tins and pour the milk and egg mixture on top.

Bake these at 325 degrees F for about 25 minutes or so, or until you see that your creation has risen. :) I am NOT a quiche fan at all. Me no likey eggs.. but I did taste this and I have to admit, it was pretty good. I could never take an entire piece down completely, but a taste of it, I could. ;)

Enjoy! Enjoy! I am off to get a little down time. I sure need it! I will see you guys here tomorrow.

Have an amazing evening.

XO


5 comments:

  1. OMG... and here I am making quiche for you when you were here!!! Why didn't you tell me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) No worries! I like to taste everything! :) :) Thank you so much for tuning in to this little bloggie ;)

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! love the Sorbet color. Quiche are good at any time and with different ingredients but I have to admit, my least favorite is Spinich Quiche :( Glad to know you had a wonderful time with your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The desserts look wonderful!! And I'm loving the pic with the ice cream machine...how cool :) I'm so happy that you had a fantabulous weekend with your family :) I hope you enjoyed some you time :) xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy! Spinach quiche would probably be the ONLY one I like! laughing...

    Ginny, Thank you !!! Now you know the secret to my pictures ;)

    ReplyDelete