Pictures

*** The pictures posted in this blog are my personal creations! I hope you enjoy! *** You can also follow me on FACEBOOK at www.facebook.com/forbakessake

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Mango and Coconut Mousse Chiffon Cake with Swiss Buttercream

This was our final practical! :) Thank goodness!  It took two days to create and we did amazing! An "A" for sure!  The Chiffon cake was perfect, the two mousse's came out excellent, the crumb of the cake was great and the Swiss Buttercream was smooth and delicious. I added the toasted coconuts on the top, and there you have it. A cake that is worthy of biting into.

I am SO glad this class is over! Tomorrow we have our final and a clean up and that is that!  I look forward to the time off!

As for you guys! Thank you SO MUCH for being with me these past 6 weeks! Its so great to see all your comments and to write these out.  I really appreciate it.

I'm ready for some time off and I am sure you are ready for some time off too! ;) No more sweets for a little bit right?

I will see you back here in a week! Here is what the cake looked like when it was cut into by the Chef:
We had great layering and consistency in the size of those layers.. Woo Hoo!! A great way to end the week.

So it is goodbye for now. See you for Cake Decorating on July 5th!!

XOXO


3 comments:

  1. Tres Belle!! Magnifique :) Congratulations :) You did an amazing job and I can't wait to see all of your dreams come true :) Have a fantabulous time off and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!
    xoxoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks creamy and delish...what a ride so far! Half the year gone by and I have seen and tasted some wonderful treats. Only thing better then that is knowing their are more to come :) Hope your having a GREAT time off xoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... Everything has looked really good. I know Carmen gets hungry just looking at em. Enjoy your break away from the Kitchen, even though your a natural in your work space!

    ReplyDelete