Pictures

*** The pictures posted in this blog are my personal creations! I hope you enjoy! *** You can also follow me on FACEBOOK at www.facebook.com/forbakessake

Friday, June 10, 2011

Another Cheesecake for ya...

Hiiii Happy Friday!

I am going to apologize ahead of time for the quick blog. Its a big family day for me and I want to jump start the weekend as soon as possible!  :)  It is an absolutely beautiful day out and I can not wait to enjoy it with my loved ones..   Tre importante!! Yea, that was French mixed with Spanish..  Listen, I try ok??  I know I don't always get it right ;)

Ok, so we made cheesecake today and I will give you the recipe.  It will make you about 2, 8" sized cakes.

Cheesecake
Ingredients:

20 oz CREAM CHEESE
7 oz SUGAR
.40 oz CORNSTARCH
.13 oz VANILLA
.10 oz SALT (optional)

4 oz EGG

2 oz HEAVY CREAM
1 oz MILK
.25 oz LEMON JUICE

Create your own Graham Cracker Crust :)

So you are going to mix your cream cheese in the mixer at a medium speed and then bring the speed down to low and gradually add in the sugar and cornstarch.  Cream those together.  As soon as that is creamed, add in your eggs little by little. Stop the mixer and scrape that bowl down. Continue to mix on low speed and add in the heavy cream and milk. The last ingredients to go in are your flavoring agents.  So add in your vanilla and lemon juice. :)

Once everything is incorporated you can separate some of the batter and add in an additional flavoring agent, like chocolate or oreo's, raspberry, peanut butter..whatever you want. :)  Then mix that back into your original batter, pour into your pan which should already have your graham cracker crust in it, and bake in the oven at 375 degrees F!

We made some mini cheesecakes as you can see above and we also made four 6" ones as well. I took a picture of another group's cheesecakes because they got REALLY creative and I thought you would like to check it out. :)
Cool huh? Now I am wishing I would have done something like that but since my family isn't too crazy about flavoring, I just left mine plain so that they can put any topping they want. :) Awww so considerate.  It's the story of my life!! It's also been my biggest nightmare at times! It's who I am though, so take it or leave it, right?
 
Ok, soooo enjoy! Please make this. It tastes delicious! I shared some in the car with my brother and sister in law. :) :) They said they really liked it. 
 
Enjoy your weekend! I will catch you back here on Monday.
 
Ta Ta for now,
Linda :)


5 comments:

  1. You are beyond considerate you beautiful baker you!! And quite frankly...you rock!! The cheesecakes look fabulous. I admit I'm not a cheesecake kinda gal but they look yummy!! I think the groups creativity is also fabu!! I hope you are have a wonderful weekend with everyone! I can't wait to hear all about it!! xoxoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!!! You know how much I love it!!! Plain or with swirls, its ALL good! Thanks for the recipe, I'm leaving soon for awhile but I promise to try to bake a cheesecake when I get back...Thank you xoxoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I will be able to make it with you at that poine! :) Will NEED The get away!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops! That was supposed to read POINT.. sowy!! And Thank you Ginny!! I try girl..XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOH YEAAAA... BTW. IT WAS THE BEST CHEESECAKE I HAVE EVER HAD. And Carmen is a cheesecake fanatic, and she loves the original cheesecake recipe... but I liked the Raspberry Swirl GIRL! YUMMMMY

    ReplyDelete