Pictures

*** The pictures posted in this blog are my personal creations! I hope you enjoy! *** You can also follow me on FACEBOOK at www.facebook.com/forbakessake

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Jaconde Sponge Chocolate Mousse Torte Assembly

Thursday came and went, but not before I cut into this sweet baby! Mmmm Mmmm Delicious! I went to visit my dear friend Ginny today and was honoured by a lovely lunch! Thank you Ginny!! This was our dessert and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. Who doesn't have Chocolate Mousse in common? ;) LOVEY!!

This is a stacked Jaconde Chocolate Mousse Torte my friends!!  I will give you a step by step so you can see all the work that went into this little 6" beauty.  :)

We first created our Jaconde Sponge Cake. This is a 1/4 inch thick cake that we stacked together with the Ganache being its "glue". :)  It's made with almonds and to create the "stack" you bake it on a full sheet and then cut out your rectangle and sphere for your Cake Ring Mold.  The sphere will be the bottom of your cake and the rectangular pieces get cut inot small 1/4" stacked pieces that will go around the enitre inner shpere that is being held inside with some acetate plastic wrapping:
Here is how you stack them up into your ring:

Once you create your Chocolate Gelatin Mousse, you will then fill it to NEAR the top of your ring cake.

Cool this in the refrigerator and then fill the top up with Chocolate Ganache.  Place it back into the refrigerator and let the Ganache cool.  Once it is completely cooled down, you can unmold the cake by pushing it up from the bottom:

There you have it!  Here are some more crazy pics of us all doing this! We all thought it was just SO PRETTY! laughing... so I took some shots of the peeps for ya!

That is Andrea and Rhett :)
And here are Lulu and Daphne messing with all our rings ;) We try to have some fun in all of this ;).


Have a great night everyone!! Tomorrow is our Free Day so my group is going to wrap up a Ribbon Sponge Mousse cake we created today! Mango, Strawberries... Mmm yummy! Can not wait to taste it!

Looking forward to a drama free weekend!!!  See you here tomorrow!!

XO


3 comments:

  1. You are more than welcome my gorgeous pastry chef :) It was fantabulous to have lunch with you today! And...about this dessert...one word...Decadent! Oh my goodness!! I absolutely loved every savory, delicious, chocolatey, gooey, ooeey bite of this deliciousy, scrumptious chocolate mousse torte! Mmm! Um, by the way, I really tried to save my dessert for tomorrow but…it’s all in my tummy now! Yum!! I’ve always had a great appreciation for the pictures you post because it shows me the process of how the pastries are made, however, after having a taste of all your hard work, my appreciation has quadrupled!! And…I couldn’t be prouder of you!! Thank you a million :) And the pics of you and your classmates….adorable! xoxoxoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, that picture is an awsome use of set design. I thought the base of the cake(what the cake is sitting on) was part of it, I think I told you this before...Epicure Who!!! Classmates...you all look like your having FUN :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you girls! And yes Ginny, the cake was awesome!Its one of my fav's! Glad I could share it with you.

    Cindy!! You would have devoured this one with us!!!

    ReplyDelete