Pictures

*** The pictures posted in this blog are my personal creations! I hope you enjoy! *** You can also follow me on FACEBOOK at www.facebook.com/forbakessake

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Lemon Souffle, you say?

Good afternoon everyone,

Wednesday already.  But the time isn't flying right on by, so I am eternally GRATEFUL! 

These pictured beauties WERE Souffle's.  By the time I got them  home, they had deflated. :(  So I threw a little something-something on there for ya ;) so you could get a gist of what they were supposed to look like.. imagine them 1/2" taller on top :) A Nice puffy looking yellowish cloud of lemony deliciousness.

We created our lemon curd yesterday in order to make the souffle today.  To make the souffle,  we took a cup of the curd we created and added 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to it. I LOVE lemon!! You know I couldn't refrain from having tasting spoons all around me today. ;)   We then took 6 egg whites and whipped them on high in the mixer (using the whisk attachment).  We lowered the speed on the mixer and gradually added the magic ingredient, SUGAR!! :) :)   You will need 2 oz of sugar, and then whip that sassy princess to a soft - medium peak.   Fold the whipped egg mixture into your curd mixture and you will be ready to bake these.

We used aluminum tin cups, but you can use your ramekins.  We lightly sprayed the tins with a vegetable oil and then threw enough sugar into each tin so that the entire inside tin was covered with a thin layer of sugar. You can use any kind of crumb you desire :) The chef did a few with Oreo crumbs and others with sugar. 

Fill each tin to the top and put into the oven right away at 425 degrees F.  As soon as you see them "Puff up", your beauties are done! 

Quick Tip: Did you know that Souffle means "To puff" or to "blow up"?  .. in a good way, of course ;). 

I think I am going to go "blow up" and eat one of these right now!

We created our Chocolate mousse today as well! I WAS IN HEAVEN!! Lemon Souffle and Chocolate Mousse?!?!? Why did we have to go home? Ahhh tomorrow I will go back in and finish off that Chocolate Mousse Torte and then create a different Ribbon Sponge Torte which will have a fruit mousse inside.  Those are the tools we need to create our report.  OH! and my two flavors were Mango and Coconut. :) I picked it for my pops!  I loved your guys' ideas though! We can get together and make these any old day. Oh Ginny! When I see you TOMORROW I will have this chocolate mousse torte with me.. get that kitchen ready baby!!

Good night everyone,

ME :)

3 comments:

  1. Did you hear that???? That was me screaming "WHOO-HOO"!!! I get chocolate mousse torte!!! I cannot wait to have it all for me!!! Oh...wait...of course, you can have some :) And oh...wait...of course, I'm thrilled to see you too!! ;) jejeje I think the flavors you picked will be delish! The pics of your souffle look beautimus, fabu job :) My kitchen will be open from 6 am to midnight, it will be ready!! (The kitchen is the one with the stove right??) xoxoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture! Even deflated I'm sure the Souffle was awsome. Oh and thanks for the meaning, did not know that's what it meant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginnette! Yes, the kitchen is the one with the stove ;). laughing.. funny. :)

    Cindy, i STILL have some in in the fridge! Craziness.. too many sweets.. ;)

    ReplyDelete