Pictures

*** The pictures posted in this blog are my personal creations! I hope you enjoy! *** You can also follow me on FACEBOOK at www.facebook.com/forbakessake

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

To BEE or not to BEE :) :) My chocolate molded cake....

Happy Tuesday everyone!  So I finally finished my chocolate molded cake today. I didn't have too many details to finish up, but as half my table mates will tell ya, I have perfection issues. :( I just kept at it, making minor changes here and there ;). 

We painted our pastillage banners today as well. I chose a flower shaped banner and painted the backdrop with light brown chocolate and then wrote "To Bee .. or not To Bee...." in dark chocolate. :) I thought it was catchy! ha... cute? Ah..whatever.. When I finished, the cake looked matted like this:

The picture on the top is sprayed to give the chocolate a nice and shiny look. :) Of course I wanted to get my hand on that can and spray spray away! Yes, like the torch for the Creme Brulee's. :) :) BUT, that was not the case. Bummer! The Chef had full control. I mean really?? Its just a little spray... why couldn't he hand it over?? Booo....
Its cool though, cuz I really like Chef Ralph. He is super laid back, helpful and understanding but definitely not a push over and I am glad to see it. He likes his kitchen clean too! I can appreciate that. ;)  Tomorrow we will go over each of our cakes and hopefully receive our grades. I will tell you how that went!  In the meantime, I promised you some pics from my classmates and I will put up those of people I am close with just in case someone I don't know has a problem with their cake being on the site...

This is Andrea's cake. She did a Magician Theme:
This is LuLu's theme, she did an archaeological dinosaur theme:
This is Heather's theme, she did the Lilo and Stitch theme ( I hope I spelled that right )
And this is Jenna's Hello Kitty theme:
Everyone had really great ideas. I am a little disappointed that we have not been taught how to create anything other than a rose ( of which no one used) along with how to paint onto the pastillage. I am hoping all this changes and that we do learn some cool designs.  I think the wedding cake is our next project, but I am not sure. I will let you guys know soon though! Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Have a great night everyone! I am off to look up a word in the dictionary!!

Ta Ta for  now...


6 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!! All the cakes look amazing. Not sure if I understand what you meant about only being taught to make Roses, all the cakes show different. Some wonderful designs!!

    Congrats on the decorating so far. I can't wait to see the Wedding Cake ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha... don't I know about your "perfectionist issues", LOL.... so what that I poured an extra ounce of milk into the measuring cup.... hahaha... love the cakes, they are truly amazing. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are all doing a fantabulous job!! The cakes look amazing! Perfectionist schmectionist!! You did fabu!! Can't wait to see all of your creativity come through in the beautiful cakes! xoxoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job and let us know your grade please. Also, was the word in the dictionary?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi guys! Thanks for the awesome comments and vote of confidence :). The Chef has not graded our work yet so I dont have that info. At Mr. Anonymous, no, that word was not in the dictionary. So re-match pkease!

    xx

    ReplyDelete