Pictures

*** The pictures posted in this blog are my personal creations! I hope you enjoy! *** You can also follow me on FACEBOOK at www.facebook.com/forbakessake

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

4 hours of royal icing and we walked away with one technique....

Hello Hello...

Well, it was a full on lecture day... I looked at my notes for tips, but it seems there wasn't too much that I wrote down.  We learned that Royal Icing needs to be made to create the lovely flowers and decor that go on wedding cakes.  Love that info, for sure, but would have LOVED to have made some flowers today! I really want to know how to create all the different types. :( We did get a chance to look at a bunch of magazines and go to the library for a bit of research... but eeehhhh ... I just need more interaction. I hope that we start to learn the designs VERY soon!

As you can see from the picture above, we did learn how to make the cake stand out of pastillage! That is me inspecting it because I didn't believe that the little box would hold two filled cakes. ;) Lulu took the picture so you guys could see what goes on in my little mind while in class :)

Our next project is an 8" fondant cake. We need to come up with a theme for it. It is not a wedding theme, that I know of, so I am still in the process of figuring this little one out!  Definitely throw out some ideas, I appreciate them all!

I did go to a cake decorating club though which I hope makes up for some of the things we are not learning in class. My buddies that are in this particular Chefs class mentioned that she has showed them how to make so many different things that they have trouble keeping up! I want that problem! haha... ok, enough from me.

Have a great night and see you here when I have something GREAT to showcase.

Night!

3 comments:

  1. Awww...as usual, you look DEEP in thought. Question...what is PASTILLAGE?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Que carita!!! That's my girl...making sure everything is right!! Hmmm...ideas for your cake...how about a chocolatey brownie type cake??? LOL!! Just kidding!! Can't wait to see more deliciousness!! xoxoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pastillage is whats used on the cakes to make banners and stands, etc. Its a powdered sugar mix that hardens into whatever shape you make it into. :)

    To Ginny... I dont want to see a brownie for a VERY long time.. when he said Big.. He should have said MEGA!! xo

    ReplyDelete