Pictures

*** The pictures posted in this blog are my personal creations! I hope you enjoy! *** You can also follow me on FACEBOOK at www.facebook.com/forbakessake

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 4 of my Wedding Leaves cake :)

We are getting there. :) Its Wednesday, or "Wedding day" as my dad likes to put on my emails :)   It has been a productive day. I woke up early, went to the dentist..got a weird cleaning by people who were trying to sell me everything under the sun.  But it's done and its one more thing off of my "to do" list! Oh, I'm back to reading again too!  I am REALLY happy about that, now I just have to find another good book to read!  

Ok, so back to the cake decorating.  I found out today that I do not enjoy piping. I have never done it before and you would think its mega simple, but it is not.  At least for me it is not.  But, I got it done and I will practice this because I want to be able to do it with effortless ease.   Practice makes perfect, right?  Its a shame the Chef didn't allow us to do any practicing prior to making this cake! ha.. but its ok. As long as he doesn't try to say anything to me about my vines when grading time comes around :) :).

The vines are on my second tier.  I finished it by the first half of class. I piped the vines onto the cake.. messed up, cleaned it up, piped it out again and again. :)  I then cut out and molded each little leaf and placed them on the vines.  At first, I thought I would do vines sparingly with a lot of space in between each, but then I thought that I would fill the tier completely for a much fuller look.  I am pretty happy with it.  My sketch shows them sparingly but I think this look matches the bottom tier a little more. For this cake, less is not more.

For the third tier, I decided to go with my original idea of the fondant strip with the molded leaves pressed into it. I loved this idea but I was hesitant it would not be enough... It is enough! :)  I attempted to put the flowing leaves, similar to the leaves on the first tier, on the top, but then it ended up looking like a crown... and ehhhh I don't do crowns.So down it went.

Tomorrow is touch up day. I will place the borders on the two tiers. I will place the pastillage wedding banners on top. I created a few ideas for the top. I have some leaves cut out, I have some upside down hearts with leaf print outs on them and I have dove's.  Each fits in perfectly with the theme. I am leaning towards the upside down hearts with the leaf print outs on them. We shall see!!  Friday is the day we turn them in.  If I get done early, we all know what I am doing... yup! PIPING!!

I hope you have a beautiful evening... Will see you back here tomorrow!

Bye Bye

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! It's coming out beautifully sweetie! I love the detail that you're putting into it. As for the piping, all I have to say is "piping makes perfect!" jeje Get it, piping...practice...perfect?? No?? Yes?? lol Can't wait to see the end result! xoxoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake looks amazing so far. I love the leaf work on the second tier. Can't wait to see the finished product. Wondering what the top will look like. Good luck with the Piping :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh geeze.. I think you have just joined my corny group Ginny. Hahah.. Piping makes Perfect?? Ay yayay... ;)

    Thanks girlies!

    ReplyDelete