Pictures

*** The pictures posted in this blog are my personal creations! I hope you enjoy! *** You can also follow me on FACEBOOK at www.facebook.com/forbakessake

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Project #3 completed! I am happy with this one..

White on white is so hard to see... BUT, here you are. My completed wedding cake with heart toppers and all :).  We HAD to put a pastillage top, so I cut out some cute heart shapes, molded them with a leaf  texture and then placed them gently on top. :) Do you likey?? Tell me what you do and do not likey! I am all about the feedback.

I really enjoyed making this cake, even though I was frustrated from time to time.  It had its challenges but all in all it was worth it. Time consuming and all. :) I looked forward to class every day, so that's a good thing!Lemme see if I can get you a better picture...


This one had a little flash.. Anywho.. you get the point ;)  I get graded on it tomorrow so I will let you know what we get!  As I mentioned earlier, the Chef is very helpful when you ask for something, he just isn't the most informative or encouraging while you work.  I don't know about you, but I need feedback!  :)  I really want to know if something looks good or if something looks bad. But then, EVERYONE has a different opinion so its so hard. :( You really just have to go with your gut feeling. I don't have a problem in that department!

We are going to start our sculpting cakes next week. I am excited because we are FINALLY going to use real cakes instead of foam! Yes! Yes! Yes! :)  We get to EAT something! laughing....its all about the sweet tooth my darlings!  We have a choice of making a sculpted purse cake or a sculpted topsy turvy cake.  I want to choose the topsy turvy cake because I know that it's in high demand these days.  But, I am wondering if I should make the purse cake so I can learn a skill or two about sculpting the cake into a different shape other than just slants ?!!? Hmmmm .  I am not sure! But maybe you guys can let me know what you think!

Not that one is "easier" than the other, but I don't like to choose what is easiest because I don't feel I can practice any skill in doing that. If it is a little more complex and time consuming, then I am more interested... still can not decide. :(  Although I want to do the topsy turvey cake, I have a feeling that making a purse cake would be the better bet. Ahhh I will figure it all out tomorrow.

I hope you have a nice evening.. I am a bit tired and am going to get some rest and maybe read a book... I am making Niel and Noemi a yellow cake with chocolate frosting and marshmallow fondant to top it off :)

You guys have a great night! Thanks for going through the day to day process with me!!
XOXO




3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! Amazing job!! I'm very proud sweetie!! The only thing I will say is that they should have made you guys do this project in color! I can imagine it in color and it's amazing! Whoo hoo!!! As far as which sculpting cake, I say go for the purse! I do think that you'll learn a bit more about sculpting however I know that a topsy turvy cake is not easy. If you do decide on the purse, you may try googling Cake Girls and seeing their purse cakes. They are incredible. Cake Girls used to come on the Amazing Wedding Cakes show but they don't anymore because their bakery in Chicago burned down last year, very sad! But, you may get some good ideas! I think I've seen Christopher Garin, from your old neck of the woods in Costa Mesa do topsy turvy cakes too. Bueno, whatever you decide, it will be brilliant! Again, congrats sweetie!! xoxox :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say, you did an Fantastic job! I can only imagine the pressure you must have felt during the whole process. There is one thing, I would like to see the detailed work on the top tier. I know your limited on time but if you took more pictures maybe I could see them when I get back. I like the idea of the Purse cake and who better to make one then the Purse expert herself Miss Gucci/Prada ;) I have an idea for you, I'll email it and see what you think. Oh wow, I'm thinking your talking about a Handbag Cake. If "Purse" is some baking terminology then I need to find a cave and hide (Goofy me)...hehehe! Anyhow, I love your Wedding Cake and am sure your going to get an excelent grade...xoxoxo! Lucky Niel & Noemi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there girlies. Thanks for sharing!! Yes, we could have done any kind of wedding cake and in any kind of color. I myself, like the more classy, elegant look and chose white on white because as you can see, the theme of my cake looks like feathers..so that was of my own doing. :) But I will post pictures of my classmates cakes. They did LOTS of color!!

    Cindy, I will get you pics of the top tier..no worries! Its just imprinted leaves on fondant. Will take some today. :)

    Thank you again girls!!

    ReplyDelete