Pictures

*** The pictures posted in this blog are my personal creations! I hope you enjoy! *** You can also follow me on FACEBOOK at www.facebook.com/forbakessake

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Let's start making flowers

No, seriously...can we PLEASE start making some flowers???.. 3 days of lecture and showing us technique and this is what I came up with... really Linda??   Um, I didn't put much effort into this little guy. It's about the fakest flower I have ever seen in my life! haha... Oh man. I did learn something this weekend though.. LAUGH AT YOURSELF! It sure beats every other alternative. So I am laughing. :) :)

Apparently our 8" fondant cakes are due tomorrow and we have to showcase the flowers we have learned. :) Any one with me here? Is anyone as lost as I am?? I thought we were practicing?? Ohh boy!  I JUST started to make buds and mini flowers for the cake, so how in heaven's name am I supposed to have a completed cake for tomorrow??  My Italian theme is sooo out the window. There is no way in the world I will have it done tomorrow which means I wont really be able to show off any skill!  More laughing!! Whooo Hooo!!  Fact:  I have not practiced making a rose, or a lily,  or a Tulip..nada! I have not practiced anything other than dummy up there in the picture! Its meant to be a "daisy"  by the way, if anyone was wondering. :) I guess I am going to have to use that one on the cake! Classic!

Ok, so now you can see a little of my frustration.  I am going to have to change up my design again and make it slightly more simplistic in nature and leave all this creativity I had for another day.  Here is what I was ORIGINALLY going to create:


This picture has a story. It was taken on my drive through Tuscany in 2004. I love love love Italy. It is absolutely my most favorite place in the world!! Nothing tops the experiences I have had in that country. I'm due back there and very soon! It's been 7 years too long!

Anyhow,  I was obviously going to have to leave out a bunch of the flowers, but I was STILL going to make it happen.  Now, I have to change this up and create something my 2 year old niece could probably make.. Grrr.. me not very happy!  It's not like I don't enjoy making the flowers. A lot of people in the class cant stand it and they cant wait to move on. I don't mind it one bit. I stay busy and I actually enjoy the process. I wish I could practice more in class where I have all the tools, but 4 hours go by really quickly.

I will take pictures tomorrow of what I end up creating. Cross those fingers and pray for me! I need all the love I can get!

Have a great night and see you here tomorrow.

Ta Ta for now...

6 comments:

  1. Heyyyyyyyy.... love the flower you made. It reminds me of a modern Gerber daisy but you were going for romantic sun-drenched Tuscan petals... I get it... I love the flower you made because it reminds me of all my favorite childhood authors like Lewis Caroll and Seuss.. there is something very playful and fun in it. I am not saying it is cartoonish, but a flower the Little Prince would fall in love with... just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, Gerber daisy's are my all time FAV!! I was totally going to choose those for my creation but now I really have no idea what I am going to do.. I am going to WING IT!!... Love that the Little Prince would fall in love with this flower.. my work here is done. ;) Thx doll! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I know I'm reading children's books left and right but...Oh my goodness! When I saw the flower I thought of Dr. Seuss as well :)I agree with your friend, not that it looks cartoonish but I totally thought of my dear Dr. Seuss because it looks so sweet! Daisies are beautimus and so is your flower missy!! I know 100% that you will come up with something spectacular! You've winged it before and you've come up with something brilliant. I'm behind you all the way and I can't wait to see the results!! Good luck sweetie :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing tops Tuscany! Interesting! Great job on the flowe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love ITALIA and still working on the lingo for when I go. As for the flowers, Magnifico!!! I think you will do great in what ever Cuchina you work out of. Your flowers look wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way too kind!! I have many beautiful memories, but Italy is very very dear to my heart...

    ReplyDelete