Pictures

*** The pictures posted in this blog are my personal creations! I hope you enjoy! *** You can also follow me on FACEBOOK at www.facebook.com/forbakessake

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Tiramisu "pick me up"

Hello Everyone!

Happy Post Memorial Day. I hope you had a great weekend. I had an AMAZING one, it was so so so good to spend quality time with good friends. It gave me that extra push to make sure I make my way back home to South Florida and soon! 

When I left you on Friday Fun-day, ;) I mentioned I would give you the Tiramisu steps.  I will not go into the details of the recipe's unless you truly want them.  There are a lot of detail and it requires two recipes,  one for the lady fingers and one the for the Mascarpone filling. We actually made them on two different days.  :) BUT,  I am HAPPY to give themt to you, so please just let me know! :) The only reason I don't post them now is because I personally did not like this method of creating Tiramisu, but it was tasty nonetheless. :)

We first created the lady finger sponge cookies. I didn't get a chance to show you what those looked like after we baked them on Friday, so here you are!

They are pretty thin and taste like mini sponge cakes. Mini is in people!! :) We looove Mini! After you have made your Mascarpone filling that has yummy stuff in it like sugar, eggs, coffee extract, heavy cream and of course, the Mascarpone cheese :) :) , you then put it into a piping bag! Seriously, its easier to say all that than to type out the process of making the Mascarpone filling! I'm helping you... laughing! Ok fine!! I am being lazy.. can you give me just a slight breaky break? I promise to make it up to you tomorrow when I show you how to make an Opera Cake using Jaconde Sponge cake, French Butter Cream and Chocolate Ganache.  Ohhh now you are loving me??? I seeeeee  :)  Here is the filling my darlings:
Bamn! that baby goes into the bag.  You then get your containers where you want to build your Tiramisu. Wait!! Quick little tid bit for ya...Did you know that Tiramisu means " Pick Me Up" in Italian?!?! It has coffee!! And in most Tiramisu recipe's you will find it has that EXTRA special, ever so lovely, Yummy yum yum ingredient in it called ..... RUM! :) :) :) It's a beautiful thing, don't try to deny it ;).  If you do choose to put the rum into your Tiramisu, you will add it to your simple syrup that already contains the Coffee extract in it :). Doesn't that automatically scream DELICIOUS to you? It does to Meeeee....

Ok, back to the building blocks. Now that you have your tin or containers to build,  place the lady fingers on the bottom in a row. You can either dip or brush the simple syrup so the lady finger is drenched in it.Don't forget, simple syrup is equal parts sugar and water, add as much coffee extract as you would like, and then if you choose, put in your 1 or 2 oz of Rum or preferred liquor choice :) Dark Rum, Dark Rum, Dark Rum... just saying...

After you have drenched them as seen in the second picture above, you want to pipe in the Mascarpone Filling.


** Quick Tip** You can add Coffee Extract to your Filling if you wish, just make sure you do it at the END. Flavoring Agents GO IN AT THE END.  :) :) 

Repeat these steps two or three times as desired, ending with the Filling on top.  You then can decorate the top layer with a tip and sift a small amount of cocoa powder on the top!  There you go my friends, Tiramisu!

We started our Jaconde Sponge cake today in class and made our French Butter Cream which tasted DELICIOUS!  Tomorrow we will make an Opera Glaze and complete the Opera Cake. I have no clue what any of that is. :) :) Just being honest.. But guess what? Yea, I will find out tomorrow and share.

Good night to you all and I will see you back here tomorrow!

Off to look up at the moon I go!

XO




4 comments:

  1. Very happy to know you had a relaxing weekend! (U needed it)! Love Love Love me some Tiramisu, thanks for the info. Awww, ur buddies look cute with their uniforms :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! You had a fantabulous weekend!! Wonderful! Well, I've never heard of an Opera Cake so I can't wait to see what it looks like! By the way, I learned to boil water, so I'm getting close to trying one of your super duper easy recipes! jeje Loving the pics too!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cindy, they are not my buddies :)... But that uniform is one I can not wait to NEVER whear again! laughing... Ginny, the Opera Cake is LOVELY!! Just a little darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WEAR.. sorry, typing too fast...

    ReplyDelete