Pictures

*** The pictures posted in this blog are my personal creations! I hope you enjoy! *** You can also follow me on FACEBOOK at www.facebook.com/forbakessake

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Apple Strudel and Pull apart Brioche bread......

This was our last project in Breads class.  The time consuming and messy Apple Strudel. :) I think this may have been my favorite demo thus far in the Breads class.

I have a test tomorrow so I am going to briefly explain the process. Sorry!! You know I have to aim for our "A"...

So we made this sticky dough yesterday and we let it sit in the cooler over night.  To create the Strudel you will put a table cloth on your table, cover it with flour.  Take your dough from the night before and place it in the center
You will then want to tag team and pull this baby out making sure not to rip the dough, it is fragile. We use the big sheet pans so we made it slightly under the size of the sheet pan as seen here
Awww look how delicate these pretty girls are :) Hi LuLu, Hi Andrea. Once you have spread out the dough, you then want to take your streusel and put it along the left side of the dough where the filling of the Strudel will be.. Then sprinkle butter all along the rest of the dough.  After the butter, sprinkle streusel on the rest of the dough, but not as much as you placed on the left hand side for the filling.

Then you will take your apple filling creation which consists of peeled and sliced apples, nuts, raisins, cinnamon and sugar, and you will place it on top of the Streusel filling portion.

Drizzle a little of the liquid from the creation onto the filling, but not too much. This creates a caramel inside.  Once you have placed all your filing on to the dough, you want to fold in the bottom and top of the dough onto the filling, like you would a burrito :)
Bring the left flap in, and then roll all the way to the end. You will have some extra dough at each end of the "burrito"/dough.  You can cut this off , making sure not to cut into the filling, or you can leave it on and cut it off after baking.  No need to waste yummy dough.  Once rolled up, put plenty of butter on top and throughout the entire creation

Looks like a little whale! Haha... awww..our baby!!!  Stick this in the oven at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes or until golden brown on top.  Cool and cut and enjoy!! This was the first time I actually enjoyed a bread product COLD vs HOT!  I loved it. It was yummy.  But I can not have too much. I need to watch my figure ;)

We also made Brioche using the pull apart loaf approach... I don't have time to go into it now, but this was the result

Mmmm Mmmm... they were good. The dough balls were rolled in cinnamon and sugar and placed in the tins.  We proofed them, then baked them off at 375 degrees.

I'm so sorry I have to run! I literally need to go for a run and then get right back to study for our last exam. Tomorrow is just a clean up day and a test taking day, but I will come back to explain the Brioche and give you the recipe in case you want to try these at home!

Enjoy your night! Wish me luck...

Be back tomorrow... and then next week.. LET US EAT CAKE!!!!

XOXO

4 comments:

  1. It all looks wonderful BUT I am a bit confused. In the beginning I read Strudel and then Streusel. Are there different Strudel's? The Strudel I've had is open on top and in layers. Good luck on your exam tomorrow, and enjoy your day xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is sooo cool to see everyone at work! You all look awesome! I was laughing at your whale comment! It does look like a whale! But...I'm sure it is delicious!! Good luck on your test manana! I know you will ace it :) xoxoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had posted on this one before but it disappeared...Love to see everyone working so hard and so diligently :) Love the baby whale too! Kudos to all of you :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Blogger went down and I think I lost a few comments, but dont you worry, they are all in my eamils and I am grateful for all of them! Thank you soo much for being on this journey with me! Muah!

    ReplyDelete