Pictures

*** The pictures posted in this blog are my personal creations! I hope you enjoy! *** You can also follow me on FACEBOOK at www.facebook.com/forbakessake

Monday, February 28, 2011

Blueberry, Chocolate Chip and Streusseled MUFFIN Greatness

Happy Post-Apple Pie-Day!!  Or Monday for the rest of you.

I must say I was a bit on the tired side all day.. I thought I needed a nice cup of  joe but not even THAT helped out! It's ok though, tonight I will get some good rest, but not before I get some good reading in. I'm a bit overwhelmed with the reading, the homework, the quizzes, the notes, the pictures, the conversions... Sheesh, this is more work than I thought. But I'm totally into it. It's like the FUN project that you get at school. I don't even fall asleep while reading the text book. Now that's something special!

Today was Muffin day! Yeay, yippee!! Love muffins. We made Blueberry muffins using the creaming method, Chocolate Chip muffins using the muffin method and a wonderful cinnamony ( i get to make up my own words, right?) streusel to put on top.  I love streusel but we worked in teams today so consideration kicked in and I only put it on a hand full. :)  After all, its not all about me. (wink wink). I made the blueberry muffins today and my partner in crime Stacie made the chocolate chip ones. I LOVE blueberries and anything having to do with blueberries so that worked out quite nicely. They taste VERY good so I am willing to share. :) Muffins are easy and quick to make and once you have your batter ready, scoop those into your muffin pans and put in the oven at 400 degrees. Shouldn't take but 20-25 minutes to bake. Although in our class, with so many people opening and closing the ovens, it takes quite a bit longer. I'm patient, I can wait :)

Quick tip of the day... if your oven is not hot enough, your muffins will come out flat instead of with that nice dome on the top. If its too too hot, then you get the volcanic top as you can see in some of my blueberry muffins above.  We unfortunately had issues with both of our muffins. The chocolate chip were in there and the oven wasn't anywhere near 400 degrees, and mine was just at 400 but then got slightly above... but again, its just the kitchen chaos and as is stated over and over again, we are learning METHODS.. but man its nice to get a good product to munch on at the end of class.

Here is the difference between the creaming method and the muffin method:

Creaming- you want to cream together your fats and your sugars ( in this case we creamed it with our salt as well as our powdered milk). Slowly add in your egg making sure to scrape your bowl and then slowly add in your dry ingredients....you don't want to over mix your muffin batter.

The Muffin method entails pouring your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients then slightly stirring. You will get a lumpier mix. You do not want to over mix here as well.

I PREFER, all day long, the creaming method :) Even if its more work. I like the texture of the muffin much better!

Enjoy your evening and bake with you soon!

6 comments:

  1. Recipe please!!!!!!!!! Yes, prefer the creaming method too. I also have a huge issue with my oven... my oatmeal raisin cookies turned out just ok, not good or great :( will keep trying... xooxxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gladly darling! And what!?!? What do you mean just ok? :( ohh bummer, maybe the ingredients are different over there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great sis, i like the presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you brother! For reading and for the awesome comments! Muah! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chocolate chip cinnamony streusel heavenly, yummy muffins....oh...um...hey...yea...you're doing great...keep up the great work...chocolate chip deliciousness....aaaahhhhh (see...this is what happens when I look at the scrumptulicious pics)! xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi all, just letting you know I got the chance to taste Linda's cookies and pie and let me just say...I loved the cookies but Adored the Apple Pie. Most Apple Pies I've had are dull in taste but her's are rich with flavor.

    Thanks again "M" ;)

    ReplyDelete