Pictures

*** The pictures posted in this blog are my personal creations! I hope you enjoy! *** You can also follow me on FACEBOOK at www.facebook.com/forbakessake

Friday, September 2, 2011

Deconstructed Lemon Meringue Pie

Happy Happy Friday!

I hope everyone had a nice week. We kept so busy, that I was glad not to see this week fly by!  Up above we have my deconstructed Lemon Meringue Pie. I LOVEY Lemon.. everyone already knows, so when it came down to picking a pie that we needed to present in non-pie form, this is the only one that popped into mind.  We could have done this any way we wanted, as long as we didn't turn in anything that looked like pie crust or pie filling. At first we were all perplexed, but then it got easier. You could create a Napoleon or ice-cream, or custard..whatever you wanted, as long as the pie flavors were presented other than traditional. :)

Here is what I came up with

Lemon Mousse and Lemon Curd Parfait as the filling.  Lemon Wafers as the crust and your Meringue that has been bruleed and presented to you in a Lemon cup.

Fun! A friend of mine, unbeknown to me, was also creating Lemon Meringue but they were totally different. Here are a few other creations from the class:





I hope everyone has a fun-filled weekend. I want to relax a little BUT, I finally got my mixer. Yes, I bought it.. FINALLY!! Took me forever, I know.  So I plan on making the fam French Baguettes. They have been waiting for me to make them bread since I took the class. I hope I can remember! As my friend Cindy told me.. if I don't remember, all I have to do is look at my blog! ;)  Good tip! Thanks!

Happy Weekend....

3 comments:

  1. For anyone reading this comment I want to say I tasted both the Mousse and the filling and they were awsome BUT I was a little more partial to the Lemon filling! It was sweet, tart just a crisp taste. You can litterally put that filling on ANY kind of desert and it will taste great. Cake, Icecream, Crackers, Bread...the list goes on and on. Fantastic job YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, with a review like that...what else can I say!! Bravo!! Everything looks scrumptious! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed it Cindy! The pics look fantastic too. I hope you got a chance to use your new toy! I'll be putting my bread order in real soon :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are funny!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete