Pictures

*** The pictures posted in this blog are my personal creations! I hope you enjoy! *** You can also follow me on FACEBOOK at www.facebook.com/forbakessake

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Flambe Away. Crepe Suzette's, Cherries Jubilee and Banana Foster. Yummy!

Hello, Hello. Long time no see.  May I present to you my creations:  Crepes Suzette on your left, Banana's Foster on top and Cherries Jubilee Crepes on the bottom.

Oooook!! So my story is this:  I had a crepe once and it did not taste good.. It was very disappointing. Everyone always told me how great tasting they were, like a pancake, blah, blah, blah. I can enjoy a good pancake so I figured this was a shoe in. Absolutely not!  You know what that meant, right?  I never had another crepe again.  Exactly, mega epic mistake!  These were soo yummy.  We created the Crepe's first before flambeing.  :)   Go ahead and create them with me: 

Crepe Recipe:

Bread Flour  4 oz
Cake Flour  4 oz
Sugar  2 oz
Salt  .25 oz
Eggs  6 oz
Milk  16 oz
Oil  2.5 oz

Procedure:  put all your dry ingredients into a bowl.  Add in the eggs and some of the milk to form a paste. Mix until it is smooth. Gradually add in the milk and the oil, mix to get all the lump outs and set aside for at least 30 minutes.  ( The longer the better).  Once ready, place a small amount of batter onto your crepe pan, let it bubble, flip over, cook the other side and flip that baby cake onto your plate, folding in half and then folding into quarters.


You can obviously have Crepe's with anything you would like. We ate them just off the pan with some cream cheese. Big smile!!

After munching on those, we then did Mis En Place for the 3 different Flambe desserts.  We first tried the Crepe Suzette's. These were delicious. Its a mixture of sugar and butter, lime and orange juice, their zest, orange liqueur, (FLAMBE that liqueur ) and then the ever-so-delicious tasting, Cognac. Once the Cognac is in, you tilt the pan onto the fire and watch that baby fire up! Shaking the pan while on the stove, let the flame go out on its own and you are ready to pour this onto the crepes!  OR, as my classmate mentioned to me, once your crepes are done, you can cook them in the sauce, then take them out and serve. Delicious. Its all about what you want. If you like them drenched in sauce, do so. If you like your crepes with sauce to your liking, just drizzle that baby on as much as you'd like. I dipped :), but that's just because I like to watch those calories. :) :)

We did the same with the Cherries Jubilee and the Banana's Foster. :) Fun, fun day. We had a really great time doing this. We were forewarned that if we set off the sprinkler system with the fire that we would totally be failing for the day and staying after for the 4 hour clean up. Thankfully none of us set it off, we just had a good time laughing with flames. Gotta love that fire!!  This was actually the first real demo we have had in this entire class so we really appreciated it.

Here is a video of us making Cherries Jubilee. Funny...




Anyhow, I hope you enjoy! Have a great night and weekend! I will see you back here soon.

5 comments:

  1. I will comment! Great job woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the video! The pastry chef working on her masterpieces! What dedication! Zee flambe and zee cheries jubilee looka magnifique, zey looka absolutely scrumptious...c'est tres magnifique! lol Fabu job sweetie! xoxoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, cool video. Look at u's dooin ur thang! Just wish the video could have been longer :) Love the Crepes, they look delicious. Thanks for the recipe, sounds like something this Handicaped wanta be baker can try ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could crawl up inside a crepe and eat my way out of the inside! Hey, when this things over, can we go get crepes? Oh yeah! Most definitely! We gon' do that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you guys! I had a great time making these and they really were VERY good! I am happy to have the recipe and have shared in on my last blog! enjoy!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete