Pictures

*** The pictures posted in this blog are my personal creations! I hope you enjoy! *** You can also follow me on FACEBOOK at www.facebook.com/forbakessake

Monday, September 12, 2011

Sugar Sugar and more Sugar

Hellooooo!  How are you? I hope well!  Here is a little sneak peak of what my classmates and I  WON'T be learning at Le Cordon Bleu ;) .......along with a many other things, but who's counting. :) :)

This is a rose made out of pulled sugar. Couldn't tell you what was used to make it though! Because I don't know!  Sooo yea, we had the opportunity to "walk into" a Sugars class here at Le Cordon Bleu. A class that we most definitely paid for but did not receive. 6 weeks... and we could have learned how to make this beautiful flower ... but nope, we wont get this skill... We also wont make you these beautiful ribbons either:
Thats the power of positivity! ha.. Anyhow.. here is what I did make. A Poached pear. Poached in Kirsch, Cinnamon and Vanilla Bean.  After the pear was done, we caramelized the juice and drizzled it on top. It was delicious.


To Poach a pear or fruit of your liking, Boil the liquid and spices that you would like to flavor your fruit in. For example, I filled the pan up 3/4 of the way with water, added sugar, a cinnamon stick, a vanilla bean and about 2 to 3 oz of  Kirsch. I filled it to the point where the fruit was covered. Simmer until your fruit is perfectly poached, remove from the fire and place on your plate. :)

And last but not least, let me share with you our latest impromptu project.  Recreating a plated dessert that the chef chose from one of her books. This, in the words of our Chef, was a disgrace! You gotta love it! We all figure it out on our own, and that's the reaction we got!  She did say that my and Andrea's plate was the best out of the bunch though, but she went off on our garnish ( of which she provided us with) and no sauce on our dried fruit... although I clearly read to drain completely and place the fruit on the plate and does anyone see sauce on this plate??? Here is what we had to recreate:  whatever!!


And here is ours:
Not at the same angle, sorry, I didn't have too much time to take the picture.. but at any rate.. there you have it! I think it was lovely!!! The project was for points. Whoever made the dessert closest to the picture won 5 points.  Andrea and I got our 5 points :).  Here are the other plates!

Ok my darlings.. I'm off to rest. I have a huge report that I have to do for this class and since we decided to speak up today about how much we HAVE NOT LEARNED in this school, in defense to that DISGRACE comment, we now get a chance to tell her what we do want to learn before we leave this place in less than two weeks.. so, you know I have a list!
Good night! Sweet dreams....

2 comments:

  1. Well! I do have alot to say too but in the intrest of sanity and least amount of stress, I will keep it short. Linda, I have tried to follow you thru your baking journey and it's been quite a ride. I have seen countless baking shows and tasted many products and let me say, YOU make me PROUD! Its unfortunate that you haven't recieved enough courses for the amount of time you and the classmates have been there. I would love to see you learning fruit sculpting and yes, SUGAR is a huge part of baking (Patterns, Designing etc). That being said...I am now keeping the faith and hoping the chef's can squeeze as much hands on classes as possible. As for the above pictures, how can you not want to making flowers like the silk looking one or the ribbon above (I feel you buddy)! As it is sometimes in life, you need to take the BASICS learned in schools and with a little hard work and imagination create Masterpieces for yourself! I know YOU will do it ;) xoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, let's see...dumbfounded is not the word, livid is not the word...speechless is not the word...so, since I can't find the right word, let me be positive, because that's always the right word anyhoo right?? Everything happens for a reason. I know that you will come out shining brightly at the end of this journey. I know you will relish all the success that is coming your way and continue shining brightly. I know all this because I know you and I have 100% faith in you. So, keep learning whatever you can because that learning will only lead you to open more doors to continue to learn so much more!! Makes sense doesn't it?! jeje I'm with you 100% now and always! Me so proud of ju! And as for the pic...magnifique!! xoxoxo :)

    ReplyDelete